Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?

I heard a quote on the movie "the Vow" tonight that I loved. "Your whole life equals the sum of everything you've ever experienced"

Simple right? Yet so true. As I lay in bed (seems to be the only time of day I have a moment to blog) I realize that everything I've ever experienced in my life has shaped and formed me into the person I am today. The good, bad, and the ugly. On this valentines day I'm grateful for all my "experiences" that have made me who I am today. Just a random thought.

Valentines day is such an amazing day isn't it?! There are two types of people. 1. People who LOVE valentines day and 2. People who HATE valentines day. If you fall under category 1 your probably in a relationship and if you're number 2 you're probably single. An you know it's true.

Vday is definitely a girls holiday. I believe that EVERY girl deserves to be "woo'ed" every girl should be treated like a queen. Every girl should get a bouquet of flowers and some nice chocolate. A card with a ridiculously romantic letter in it. A guy who plans something for her. And If you're reading this and DON'T have that, don't settle. You're worth so much more than you think. There is someone out there who will cherish you for who you are and all that you're worth. Life is too short to be with someone who never does any of the above for you.

I met my husband when I was just 13 years old at a church youth group. He asked me if I wanted to be his "girl" I told him I would think about it and he got all nervous. ;) (gotta keep em on their toes) obviously I said okay. We dated all throughout junior high and some high school then broke up for a few years. In 2009 we decided we couldn't live without each other and since then have gotten married and have had a beautiful baby girl.

We've been through a lot together. Both when we were together but mostly when we were apart. I believe that making it through the hard times have made the good times so much better!

I heard the percentages of marriages that last these days and was shocked! Too many people get married and just opt out when it gets hard or say their spouse is different from when they married them. In my opinion love is not a feeling. It's a choice. Love is for better or worse, richer or poorer, Til death do you part. The problem these days is people are making decisions based on how they feel instead of being faithful to a commitment they made. Every morning I wake up is another day that I CHOOSE to love my wonderful husband. And then the next day I choose the same thing.

My husband bought me a beautiful (ridiculously expensive) bouquet of flowers and took me to dinner then a movie :)

Hope you had an incredible day and felt special.

Below are some pictures from when my husband an I first started dating, our engagement and our wedding. One of Raegan first born and one I took of her doing her "birdie" mouth. And a family shot of us today.
Until next time.
GodisLove
Laura-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment