Saturday, March 17, 2012

DIY bows/headbands

Hey everyone! Tonight I made my daughter 4 bows. 2 of them were store bought flowers that I super glued onto head bands... Here is the picture of those.


Super cute and ready for spring!

After I did those I kind of got in the mood so I did two more out of headbands I already had and some left over materials I used for making tutu's for my daughter and my bff's daughter. Here is sort of the step by step of those two headbands. :)

Step 1. You need a headband.


Step 2. Cut out a square of felt



Step 3. Start folding it back and forth like those paper fans we used to make when we were kids. (don't act like you didn't do it)



And when you're done it should look like this



Step 4. You're going to need a piece of fabric like this for your middle piece



Step 5: hot glue this piece around the center of the bow



Now I'm not a fan of black on black however this is the only color felt I had and I didn't feel like running to the store at 10 o'clock at night ;)

So that leads me to...

Step 6: add some color if you'd like



And hot glue that around the center



Step 7. hot glue your bow onto your headband



This is what the finished product looks like :D

Step 8 (optional): cut out a round piece of felt



And super glue this on the other side (inside of headband) of wherever you glued the bow onto the headband



I like to do this so the hot dried glue doesn't irritate my daughters head. (she's 7 1/2 months and still doesn't have hair)

okay, headband number two

Step 1: headband



As you can see my optional piece of felt is already on this one.

Step 2: whatever ribbon you'd like




Step 3: turn ribbon around, fold in half and crease the middle. Put one line of hot glue in the center of the ribbon, on your crease.


Step 4: take each side one by one and glue them down, to the center of the crease. so it looks like this...



Step 5: put one dot of hot glue in the center of the crease and pinch together




Step 6: (this part may seem confusing I'll do my best to explain) take the two pieces left free just above the dot of hot glue you pinched together. Fold them over and put a dot of glue on each side. So it looks like this...



Step 7: take a little piece like this ...



Get a lighter and put the heat around the edges of this piece to melt it a little so it doesn't start shedding



Step 8: hot glue this piece around the center



Step 9: hot glue your finished bow onto your headband



TA-DAH!

You have yourself some cute new headbands.

My daughter is/was asleep for the night so I couldn't get any pictures of her wearing them but I will tomorrow and I'll put them in my blog!

Thanks for reading!
GodisLove
-Laura-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Love them!! You should open an etsy shop :) I'm a new follower!

    Hope you can stop by my blog too

    www.chicmodaglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I'm doing my best to blog more often, it's difficult with a baby! Thanks for following. I'll check out your blog also. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete